Advantage is now available without prescription for the prevention and treatment of fleas in cats and dogs and the treatment of fleas in rabbits. Advantage should be applied once a month and is easy to use: you simply apply a pre-measured dose from an easy-to-use applicator tube. Just part the hair of your pet between the shoulder blades of your dog or on the back of the neck of your cat. Then apply the solution on your pet’s skin. That’s all there is to it.
Fleas can cause more than just irritation for your pet, they can lead to Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) or even anaemia (if it’s a severe infestation). Some pets develop allergies to flea saliva, which means even a few bites can lead to severe itching and sore skin. Infected fleas can also transmit tapeworm if swallowed during grooming. All very nasty stuff.
What’s more, fleas don’t just bite your furry friend, they bite humans too and can infest your home, causing irritation to you and your family. Did you know it can take months to get rid of an infestation in your home as only 5% of fleas live on your pet, the other 95% are in your home environment as eggs, larvae and pupae. One application of Advantage, with its fuss-free pipette application gets to work within one day and remains effective for up to 4 weeks in pets (and up to 1 week in rabbits). Advantage is able to kill fleas through contact, no biting is required.
Key Features & Benefits
Up to 4 weeks of protection
Kills fleas through contact
Vet-recommended flea treatment
Easy to apply
Starts working within 1 day, keeps working for up to 4 weeks
Advantage also kills flea larvae in the home, wherever the treated pet goes! Fleas are killed within one day following treatment. Advantage is water-resistant. It continues to work even when your pet gets wet. Advantage works against fleas even after a shampooing, swimming or exposure to rain or sunlight. This is especially important for animals with skin conditions that require bathing and dogs that swim frequently. More importantly, the studies also show repeated treatments are not required because Advantage continues to work even when your pet gets wet.
Not suitable for puppies or kittens under 8 weeks of age, or rabbits under 10 weeks of age.
Picking the right Advantage product for your pet
Advantage 40: for cats, dogs, rabbits weighing less than 4kg
Advantage 80: for cats and rabbits weighing more than 4kg
Advantage 100: for dogs weighing more than 4kg and less than 10kg
Advantage 250: for dogs weighing more than 10kg and less than 25kg
Advantage 400: for dogs weighing more than 25kg
All the advantage packs contain 4 applications for 4 months protection.
Don’t forget to use a household spray such as Indorex or RIP Fleas for complete protection.